Thursday, October 20, 2016

Autumn Leaf

I'm pretty sure that I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's okay. Somewhere along the line I made this autumn leaf card using up some left overs I had lying around, which means I can go visit the Snippet Playground and get into trouble with all the other cool kids.

But before we run off and play I want to talk about that leaf. It's from an old Marvy punch I have and its large and rounded and sits off by itself on shelf (because of its awkward size) so I never remember I have it. I pulled it out this year and discovered that I have to step on it to make it punch. That right explains the popularity of die cuts! I used a Wink of Stella pen (yes, I'm finally coming around to liking that thing) to trace over the veins in the leaf.

The Fine Print: Greeting stamp by A Muse Artstamps, leaf punch by Marvy, designer paper, card topper and ribbon by Club Scrap. 

12 comments:

Fikreta said...

your autumn card is very nice!
thank you for always visiting my blog !
lots of hugs

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Gorgeous autumnal card! Love it!! Xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous Autumn card Judy, lovely contemporary papers.
Pauline
x

Sandy said...

Great card. I especially like the use of the diamond and the leaf over the four boxes.
I think Marvy punches are just really stiff and hard to work. I have a Marv tag punch that I really have to put weight on.

Carol L said...

What a great autumn design, and I can relate to your having to stand on that relic of a punch! I got rid of all those some time ago and don't miss the hassle at all. Yours still makes a great focal piece though, and I like the glittery veins on the leaf.

Sarn said...

I love punches for speed . . . But if they get difficult to use, they GO! Terrific autumn leaf card mate. Xxx

Sarn said...

I love punches for speed . . . But if they get difficult to use, they GO! Terrific autumn leaf card mate. Xxx

Di said...

Great card PJ! And I do love the leaf with the WOS veins. Have to say, if I need to stand on a punch then it gets its marching orders. Some are only good for thin paper and that does niggle me when they didn't come with that health warning on the packaging!

Hugs

Di xx

Barb said...

A lovely snippets card Judy. That paper is really pretty. I have several large punches that I have to put my foot on. Barbxx

Bonnie said...

It sure is a pretty leaf, but that's a bummer to have to step on the punch to get it to work! I'm guessing there won't be a lot of these leaves at your house!

Greta said...

You're so right about why we all love dies now & the punches mostly sit unused! Your card is gorgeous, Judy!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there dear Judy,
Oh, thanks so much for popping over to say hi. I couldn't see a woyww, but did enjoy looking at all your cards above this. Some wonderful ones, esp kitty ones but do like this one even though we are in spring downunder, my sweet peas next to me smell beautifully. :D
Thank so much for sharing your creative inspiration.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}