Friday, September 16, 2016

Know When to Fold Them

My gosh, I still have 9 more of those cards I made this past weekend to share with you. I thought about shoving them all into this one last post but that seemed to picture heavy.
I want to tell you that I learned some things making these similar cards with a few set items (almost like a kit, if you will). I learned that I really like to have limited things to play with in one session. It seems to spark my creativity. I've know that about myself for a long time, but it is good to be reassured that it is still so.
Inside reads: Not just a year old, also a year better-Happy Birthday
I started off basically using only the supplies in the kit, the card bases, the greetings, brads and ribbons with some added paper flowers. It was nice start but the cards weren't that exciting, so I tried using some random things on my desk. I didn't have many random things that matched and that wasn't really catching my attention. That's when I broke out with my puppy and kitty stamps and went to town.
It was a fun play session and I finished all but 6 of the cards in one day. The next day I went in to finish off those last 6 and that was the bridge too far, the straw that broke the back, the one that flew over the cuckoo's nest.  It was just too much. You need to know when to stick a fork in it and call it done.  Working until you've finished off the stack might make you resent the whole process. That's not fun.

The Fine Print: Card bases and greetings by My Mind's Eye, puppy stamp by Stampin' Up, and boat die by Tattered Lace. I want to say that I suspect it will be a long time before you see me use the puppy and kitty stamps again except for I already have several cards made with them that I have not shared yet. 

7 comments:

Sarn said...

I totally understand where you're coming from on the trying to get them all done and it not being fun syndrome. I could NEVER produce wedding stationery for that very reason!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

I hope you're not feeling blue cos your blue cards are lovely. Love the cute little dog with his balloon. Barbxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Very cute! I've never had a marathon card-making session like that - I don't think I could take it! Yet I can spend hours on one single card, go figure!

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards again Judy, I'm loving this colour combination.
Pauline
x

Carol L said...

The blues and browns all look so pretty together with the different patterns and designs. Gotta love that sweet little puppy too :)

Craftychris said...

These are so gorgeous! I have popped down and looked at your last few posts, and I love them all! xxx

Greta said...

You really were productive! Glad you figured out how to make it fun using those supplies! Maybe take a break from the kitty & puppy, but I'd sure use them again--so, so cute!