Thursday, June 30, 2016

Today's Card

I shared a card similar to this earlier this month and somehow this version of it never made it to my blog before now. I added a piece of acetate to the front flap of the card (which of course being clear you can't really see here) for stability. There is a greeting inside the card that is hidden by this front piece when the card is closed.


This came from a kit and the card was designed to be like this (minus the acetate). I'm not sure I would mimic this design often. I like the front of my cards to be robust and cover the inside. It's fun to try different things though.

The Fine Print: Card topper and part from Club Scrap.

9 comments:

Fikreta said...

very nice card
hope you have a great day
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Janeen said...

I really like the old worldly look of this. Are those stamps or is that a pre-print piece. It looks fabulous.

Carol L said...

Any gentleman would love a card like this with it's old-world charm! I like the unique design in it's closure too!

MaryH said...

I like this design very much! Lots of neutral color and perfect for a masculine card. Like the rich burgundy with the sepia tones of the main image. Good idea to add the acetate too. Agree with Carol about the Old World charm....definitely it is. TFS

Words and Pictures said...

Love that brilliant vintage image, and the acetate sounds like a grand plan.
Alison x

Karen Dunbrook said...

what an awesome looking card....well done and I love that vintage look.
hugs,
K

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Judy, a lovely vintage image and great design.
Pauline
x

Greta said...

Artistic & beautiful!

Bonnie said...

I like this, PJ! A fun fold and great design! Good idea to add acetate to give it stability!