Saturday, November 28, 2015

Centre Swing Card

I was perusing the latest Quick Cards magazine and decided to take a whirl at their featured card class which was the centre swing card. Yes, the Brit spelling since the magazine comes from across the pond.
Tucked Closed
First I mocked up the card using the centimeter measurements given. I felt that was too large so then I chopped it up and remeasured it in inches and for a bit more American size.
Standing Upright on Display
After I made it though I couldn't figure out how one was supposed to fold the thing flat for mailing. I fussed it one way and then the other and both looked ridiculous. I figured the point of the card was how it looked standing up on display so decided that there wasn't a way to fold it flat and have it look good.
Lying Flat Open
I mentioned that to my hubby and showed him what I meant. It only took him a moment of fussing with it to determine that the two side flaps tuck underneath the die cut focal point (top photo).  Duh! Now it can look good upon receipt too. I decorated the side flaps on both sides so the card can look good when tucked closed and when swung open.

The Fine Print: Stamp by Lily of the Valley, card template adapted from Quick Cards Card Class Issue 146 Christmas 2015, large circle die by Spellbinders, fancy corner die by Cheery Lynn. This was surprisingly easy to make but no, I'm not going to teach you how to make it.  Buy the magazine and then scale the template down some. 

9 comments:

Craftychris said...

Ooh this is so gorgeous and such a clever card too! Love the gorgeous red and white too! xxx

Leslie Hanna said...

So fun, for you and the recipient. This is exactly why I don't do fancy folds. #lazy

Sandy said...

This is really cute -- love the card and the cute stamp. This fold is also not what I thought it was going to be.

Fikreta said...

very sweet card
>^.^<

Di said...

Oh PJ - got me giggling here! This card is just sooooooo English!! You followed my fave magazine and used a LOTV stamp too :) Next you'll be drinking tea with your pinkie stuck out :)

Well done on working out that fold - I must go and check my latest issue, it looks good fun - and even better that it can be folded for posting, grin!

Hugs

Di xx

thecraftycavalier said...

Ooooh, you go girl :-) I saw this article and thought I'd give it a go - I haven't tried it yet but you've given me a kick in the pants and I'll get to it! This is just beautiful. Love that LOTV stamp and beautiful colours. Fabulous. Hugs, Jayne x

LesleyG said...

Adorable card with a lovely shape you did well to resize, and glad hubby helped too! Xxx

Carol L said...

I love this unique and fun folded card! The red polka dot paper is fun, and I love what you've done with those inside panels too! Great job on this!

Georgiana said...

Neat fold and a super cute image!