Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Little People

Where I work we've had some real winners occupying the position of Head Cheese, and by "winners" of course I mean losers.  We've had the guy who tried to pass off his honorary degree as the real deal and the more recent perv-o-matic.
But the one that really sticks in my mind is the one who came to visit our campus Big Wigs (one of whom I work for).  When Head Cheese got into the office one of the Big Wigs started to introduce us assistants to him, but Head Cheese waived him off and said, "I don't need to meet the little people. I've already met the important people I need to work with."

And that, my friends is a bad attitude to have.

The Fine Print: No, there's not really a point to this story but there is some poetic justice.  See, all us little people are still employed here and respected by the community which are both things Mr. Big Cheese can't claim. House Mouse stamp by whoever is making them these days, kitchen kitsch stickers from  someplace or the other, and other stuff from my stash. I'm just chock full of useful info today!

9 comments:

Sally H said...

A gorgeous card, PJ! So sweet! There are some real idiots in the world aren't there? If all bosses were like that I would need bail money, lol!

Carol L said...

Your House Mouse card is adorable, and I love how you colored and embellished it! As for me, I'm sticking with the little people - who don't need attitude adjustments! What a egotistical MORON!!

stampingbowd said...

Super duper cute card!!! Love the colors you chose! Pretty yellow hearts! I love the whisk and spoon. A terrific step card to go along with your great story! Someone was certainly full of himself and isn't it amusing that he is no longer the Head Cheese at your place of work!

Leslie Hanna said...

And THAT is a sukky boss. Were those words spoken in your presence?

chrissy xx said...

What a sweetie this little meece is!
FAbulous colours and design PJ.
Loving all your embellishments too.
Chrissyxx
Someday that guy will fall hard! You'll all be able to wave to him on his way DOWN!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Well how insulting and rude! As Bugs Bunny used to say, what a maroon! But on the other hand, your card is super sweet and adorable! Love the cute little utensils!

LesleyG said...

Hope your house mouse put him in the pie and baked him! lovely fun card, lots of love from one of the little people xxx

Greta said...

Such a cute card & you're so right about that being the totally wrong attitude!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so adorable, I love it! That is a sad tale though and oh so true no matter what line of business you are in.