Monday, May 25, 2015

Dude Cards

The last couple of weeks I've been walking around with a niggling desire to make a bunch of masculine themed cards.  I've had other things to make though--swap cards, birthday cards, kit cards to finish off, etc. and no real "reason" to make dude cards.
Then I spent some time talking to a friend who sends cards to Veterans (most of whom are men) and suddenly I had my reason.  Plus, a couple of dude friends of mine are having birthdays real soon!
I actually made a dozen dude cards but you are only getting two right now.  A few of the designs I made were duplicates to use up like papers. I have a crazy amount of brown cardstock scraps so I need to get on this dude card kick more often.  Either that, or fall should arrive really early this year.

The Fine Print: Stamp by Stampin' Up "Horse Frontier," pointy circular die by Spellbinders, papers and ribbons from my stash.  These cards are even stamped and decorated on the inside.  Yee haw!

6 comments:

AJ Bodine said...

Or use some of that brown cardstock to make matching envies! Ok, I'll admit to looking up the word "niggling"..so thank you for that bit of educating late on a Monday night. Loving these dude cards, it's rare that I make one either, but I should! Is that a SU horse image?

Fikreta said...

ggreat card

Carol L said...

These are both perfect for men! I love the plaid papers and especially the horse image! NJ!

Leslie Hanna said...

I think the reason I struggle with dude cards is: what if they don't like horses/fish/golf/tennis/camping/sports or whatever the outdoor theme du jour might be? Books. I guess there's always books. Or beer.

Greta said...

Love the plaid backgrounds--great guy cards!

chrissy xx said...

Nay! Your the first one I've heard of wanting to make masculine themed cards! I always tend to stay away from them if I can..
LOve this one PJ.. Great browns.
Chrissyxx