Monday, April 27, 2015

Home Sweet Home

This is one of those quick and simple cards that only took four and a half hours to make. 
I had the card base and that patterned piece, along with several other bases, patterned layers, and card toppers.  One by one the cards came together but this one just didn't.  I think I tried every other patterned piece and topper I had with it before realizing that it needed a stamped image.

That cream colored piece is heavily textured so I broke out the Versafine ink for it and did a little touch up with a Copic thin liner. It looks quite crisp and clean in real life. I'm not sure the photo translates that so well.  The red layer is metallic.

I had fun stamping that afternoon, even though my description of making it sounds like it should have been frustrating. Because while this card took awhile to come to life, I coaxed out quite a number of other ones before this one.

The Fine Print: All the parts from Club Scrap "Tribal."

9 comments:

Craftychris said...

Fabulous card! The red looks so striking against the neutral colours. I am glad you had crafty fun making your cards xxx

jimlynn said...

That sounds like me taking four hours to make a CAS card! Glad you stuck with this though because it's so pretty and very classy looking. Perfect patterned paper to add!
Lynn

Carol L said...

I can usually make a 12-layered card quicker than a simple CAS card, so I hear you on this one! It did turn out great after all the thought you put into it though! I've already spent 5 hrs putting a card together only to chuck it in the trash can! LOL I guess my mind is too complicated to make CAS cards a regular item in my stash! Well done PJ!

KT Fit Kitty said...

That's funny - that's how it goes for me sometimes too! The simplest cards can be quick - or they can end up taking hours! The end result looks great! Nice sentiment and I like the pop of red!

Greta said...

Well, it sure came out lovely in the end, Judy! So fun when that happens!

Sarn said...

I think it looks great. Like the band of ribbon across the corner for the extra little touch.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Leslie Hanna said...

You just described my crafty life: a 4-hour simple card. But it's fabulous that you figured it out, and you got even more cards out of your kit!

Sue said...

It's absolutely fab PJ!! love the way that red makes it just pop and great sentiment huggles Sue xxx

Bonnie said...

Love that artsy sign!