Thursday, March 26, 2015

Adventure 'n Paradise

Have you ever been disgusted with yourself?  If you say "no" I suspect you are either lying or delusional.

The other evening I grabbed up one of the many kit boxes I have lying around and it was strangely heavy.  I opened it up and along with  the usual papers, embellishments, and UM stamps that go with the kit there was a big stack of designer paper I felt matched it, seven wood mounted stamps and three embossing folders. Now I understand locking the kit parts up in the box when I'm tired of it, but not regular supplies! EEK! I'd already purchased a replacement for one of the embossing folders and been puzzled about a couple of the missing stamps.  After I discovered that I had to sit around and be disgusted with myself for a good 45 minutes.
After that I put that box back (yes, I left it as-is *deep sigh*) and picked up another one.  This one was totally light! I opened it up and it had 6 sheets of random colored cardstock and a couple of clear envelopes with card bases, designer paper, card toppers and a few die cuts. I remembered receiving those from a friend!  They've been languishing for a long time.  I put the cardstock away in my stash and pulled out a couple of the some-assembly-required cards to work on.  They were really easy to put together so I have no idea why I didn't do it sooner.
So there you go! I have several more of these packets (6 more of these big toppers!) to play with so expect to see them in the not so distance future so I can call that box done and over with.

The Fine Print: Card bases, designer paper and card toppers from my friend, so I don't know who makes them.  If I had to guess I'd say these toppers are Graphic 45.  I added the brown ribbon, tiny blue metallic discs, and copper eyelets.

11 comments:

Craftychris said...

These are so opulent and fabulous! I am always losing things and finding them later - it's so annoying! xxx

Irish Cherokee said...

Love them PJ. Good gosh they are beautiful. The colors and images are well done. Love them. - Jim

Carol L said...

The toppers are really a cool find that you'd safely tucked away! I don't sort my stash into kits or I'd be buying in triplicate! I store all ef's in a 12x12 container, all paper in 12x12 containers sorted according to Christmas, SU! or everything else. Stamps are all over the place though! I get disgusted with myself when I think of how I began making cards to save the outlandish costs of buying them in the Hallmark stores! The jokes on me now, eh? LOL

Sandy said...

I misplace stuff all the time --sometimes in the middle of using it -- so yeah, I get disgusted with myself.
Nice toppers you found, so some good came out of it.

RosA said...

Answer : Frequently.

I came across a duplicate packet of Prima Masks (stencils). I probably bought them the second time because I liked them so much (that's why I bought them in the first place) and possibly, they were on sale both times.

For a moment, I thought you must have coloured those fancy images?!
Thanks for stopping by the other day and having a look at my "Tim tags" :)

Mrs A. said...

These cards are stunning. Such opulent colours. Always putting things down and misplacing them. Hugs Mrs A.

LesleyG said...

Well done, lovely opulent cards, and I have so been there, done that, and got the T shirt! Xxx

Greta said...

Well at least the missing items were put away in a box. I keep loosing things I just had in my hand & have to be on the table somewhere! These cards are really neat, Judy!

stampingbowd said...

Very striking cards! Look at you finding things and cleaning out boxes! BTW I would have closed that box up and left everything in there too! Who has time for that organizing thing? I would rather be stamping! :)

Bonnie said...

These cards are amazing! Great images and colors! I like the paper you chose to back them with!

Leslie Hanna said...

You've used eyelets! WHOOT! And if I ever bought kits (which I don't), I'd have probably done the same thing. At least you're finally using them!