Saturday, January 17, 2015

Frilly Scrollwork Heart

I pulled out my drawer of hearts and Valentine's stamps today.  I decided it was time to get serious about making Valentine's cards.  Right after that I realized that it was a beautiful day so I ran outside to play.
Afterwards I came in and made this card.  I've always thought bright green and pink looked fun together so this card made me very happy.  The stamp is an oldie and I admire it every year, but do I actually use it?  Honestly I'm not sure if I've used it before now, but here it is.

I've commented to several people lately that I discovered a huge stash of vellum in the closet and that vellum needs to make a comeback so I can use it up. I guess it is up to me to start the trend, so look!  Vellum!  Now run to your stash and gets yours out so you can be on the cutting edge of this return trend.

The Fine Print: Rosebud Heart stamp by Hero Arts, Liquid Pearl dots by Ranger, designer paper, vellum, and ribbon from my stash.  I was worried about the scrollwork ribbon over the patterned paper but embraced my inner Janeen and went with it. She combines patterns and elements so well!

7 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Alive and kicking as we speak. My Internet connection is playing havoc with my blogging. Had to resort to ipading so now I have predictive text to contend with. Anyways I don't think the green pattern on the ribbon detracts from the main pattern paper. Enhances it more like.
Will sign off now and leave room for the two to comment. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue said...

Fab card PJ! love the colours huggles Sue xxx

Carol L said...

The hearts look festive and so pretty in this color combination! I love the use of vellum here, but I dislike it almost as much as glitter, so I'll leave it to the good folks like yourself to use it :)

Leslie Hanna said...

Pink & Lime Green are very retro. And by retro I mean 60s, not 80s or 90s, k? And I may or may not join you on your bleeding-edge vellum trend. I have an embarrassing amount of the stuff myself.

Unknown said...

Your Valentine card is a very happy card...those colors make it happy. I love vellum and was just thinking I'd like to use it on some cards soon. So you've inspired me to join your cutting edge trend. This weather does make it hard to stay inside and do cards when outside is so wonderful now. I may attempt to make some cards on my front patio table if it's not too windy.

chrissy xx said...

LOving these colours! Pretty little hearts too..
Must say I've called once, but, you know me? I read the small print and ended up at
Janeen's! Did leave her a message....then I came back.
Chrissyxx

Joyce said...

I also like pink and green together. Actually, pink pretty much goes with anything in my book. I have it on good authority that vellum is a very hot trend right now. So, keep it out and use it with abandon.