Friday, November 7, 2014

Peep Hole Card

I had a workshop group make this card last month.  A Muse cardstock is colored on one side and white on the other--great for dark colored cards because you can still write on the inside.  That feature means if you turn a card inside out it is (wait for it...) white on the outside and colored on the inside.  Then you can cover up that white front with another piece if you so chose.   And we chosed! Then we added a peep hole to the inside!

That chevron ribbon drives me crazy.  I never know what to do with it since it is so tricky on the eye, but I like it tried up here even though it hangs out next to a bunch of wobbly woodgrain lines.

I was totally pleased with this card and used it for an A Muse consultant swap as well.  The inside greeting says "Hello, Friend."

The Fine Print: All products by A Muse Studio.  Stamps--Fall in the Forest; cardstock--orange, French Roast woodgrain, onyx, and sugar; other supplies--Spellbinders circle dies, Fall in the Forest matching dies, and orange chevron ribbon.  I think this photo is a bit hard on the eyes.  My camera is less than friendly these days.  Or maybe it is the lighting.

5 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

What a cute fox! And yeah, that chevron ribbon ... I use it in small strips, like a banner. Although yours didn't hurt my eyes until you mentioned it. Maybe more wine will help?

Carol L said...

More wine.......lol! I like to use the chevron ribbon as a border, but I really like how you used it here! Love the woodgrain and that cute little fox too!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love this card! The peephole idea works so well and I focused on the fox straightaway and didn't even notice the strobing effect of the ribbon!
Hugs, LLJ xx

Janeen said...

i really like cardstock like that. i can get some colors at my local stamping store. then i get it home and never use it. :D sound familiar at all? This is an adorable image.

Jessi Fogan said...

I have a few with that pattern myself, always feel my eyes crossing when I look. This card is adorables :)