Tuesday, July 8, 2014

One Layer Butterflies

I love the look of CAS (clean and simple) cards and really marvel at the one layer ones.  I can admire them but once it comes to making them I get twitchy.  I start to shake and sweat.  Only one layer?!  Don't add one of everything?! How can this be?????
Well, as Mrs. A set out to show us with her latest butterfly challenge (one layer only, folks) it can be done! And it can be done without twitches, without sweat, without tears, and without too much difficulty. Then once you get the hang of it, you'll find yourself doing more of it. Or anyway I did.
These cards were born by my desire to 1-play along with the latest butterfly challenge, 2-use washi tape on a card (a shocking idea!), 3-use A Muse Studio products.  These cards are by no means an original idea. There are many cards out there in this vein, but this card does satisfy all three of my requirements so I'm feeling quite full of myself!
The Fine Print: All products except the corner rounder (Fiskars) by A Muse Studio and can be had from their latest catalog. Stamp used-Aren't You Sweet set. Cardstock used-Sugar, Mermaid, and Hibiscus (new color). Sequins used-Bermuda and Lime.  Washi tape used-Silver & Gold assortment, metallic assortment, and tuxedo assortment. 

10 comments:

Georgiana said...

Very pretty!

P.S. In case you are interested in the SKittles DT call...
http://doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com/2014/07/last-week-to-apply-for-my-doubleclick.html

Mrs A. said...

The bottom one is my favourite but all gorgeous in their own right. Amazing what a little washi tape here and there can produce. Thank you for fluttering along with my challenge. hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

jimlynn said...

CAS perfection!!!! Love the use of the washi on here and the butterflies add so much to the cards. Love these!
Lynn

Wishcraft said...

Love them, they're fabulous! Great design :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Carol L said...

Wonderful washi creations, and I really like that butterfly too! Way to one-layer these!

Anonymous said...

Hi Princess!!! ACK - one layer??? Just kidding! Your cards are great!! Sometimes less is more... But usually more is more. LOL. Hope all is going well. :-)

Janeen said...

JUDY!! WOW!! you nailed it. i find these kind hard to do also. your washi looks great and i struggle with using torn pieces, it gives me shivers.

BJ said...

Oh LOVE these cards, and could do with an outlet for my increasing washi tape collection. Will have a go. Thanks BJ

Words and Pictures said...

Great design - works so well in every colour variation - love those b&w washis in the last one.
Alison xx

Leslie Hanna said...

Mmmm, washi tape. *swoon*