Sunday, June 29, 2014

TWO...

I've enjoyed paper piecing long before I knew it was call that.  I thought it was neat to stamp your image out on plain paper and again on patterned paper, cut out a portion of the patterned image and adhere it to the plain image.  It gives a neat look.

Paper piecing is not for those who hate to fussy cut, especially for smaller images.  But for those of you who are up to the challenge, check out these little ladies below.
You can have a lot of fun giving them all sorts of funky patterns on their bathing suits and caps.  They are a bit fussy to cut out, but the look is worth it in the end.
The Fine Print: Brand new stamps by A Muse Studio "Bathing Beauties" and brand new designer paper "Fiesta" (available July 1).  Bermuda polka dot cardstock, scallop border die, and Everything's Rosy designer paper (lady on the left) old stuff that will be carried over to the new catalog.

7 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Nicely done PJ. Must be bathing suit weather. love the card.

Sue said...

Fab paper piecing this is great! huggles Sue xxx

JD/ Jill said...

These are really cute! You're my kind of crafter...Like you I did this too before I heard the words paper piecing, and I really enjoy fussy cutting. Have to put those stamps on my wish list. Hope you are having a nice weekend!

Sandy said...

I love paper piecing, and you have done a fab job here -- those bathing suits require some really detailed cutting.

Carol L said...

Great paper piecing, and I love doing all that fussy cutting and piecing too! These slim bathing beauties are one-of-a-kind!

Janeen said...

Paper piecing is fun. I wish I would remember that technique more often. Your vintage blathers are quite stunning. Reminds me of the paper dolls I used to cut out of catalogs

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous stylish swimwear - very cool paper-piecing, or whatever you want to call it!
Alison x