Sunday, January 12, 2014

Snippets Every Sunday

It's time to skip on over to Pixie's Playground and show off our latest makes with our bits and bobs.  As seen on my desk this past Wednesday I had leftover cut out circles from a bonsai tree card I made.  I was bound and determined to do something with those circles.  I found it a bit challenging with three circles all the same size but I persevered.
I cut out a couple more circles (out of scrap paper, of course) to add to the mix.  One was for the image. I stuck with the bonsai tree because to me it just went with those papers.  I added in a scrap of a wavy ridged paper and stuck some micro beads into a crack for interest.  I'm rather pleased with how this card came out.

The Fine Print: Tree from Stampin' Up "Plant Hope," designer paper DCWV, colored and ridged paper from my stash, circle dies by Spellbinders, micro beads by Martha, and gold brads from my stash.

6 comments:

Carol L said...

Way to use up that stash of circles and leftover snippets! Fun card!

Sarn said...

I quite often have trouble with circles! I don't know why! You've done a great job with yours.
xxx

Di said...

Wahoo, you cracked using those circles PJ! The ribbled strip' is a perfect foil for the bonsai image too - lovely card!

Hugs, Di xx

MaryH said...

Clever Princess, to use your circles as strong graphic images. And loved the bonsai. Your ripply wave was a perfect touch with all the other elements on this one. A+ to you & you get to keep your crown I think! TFS Judy, and Hugs

scrappymo! said...

Great snippets card.

Brenda said...

What a clever use of those circles!! I love how your card turned out and I think your right, that bonsai tree really goes with those papers! I also love that embossed wavy piece with the micro-beads-makes for a very interesting card.