Sunday, January 19, 2014

Shopping Our Stash--Miss You

I played along with the SOS Challenge #134 where the theme was "Miss You."  I thought this was timely because our local group that collects for Operation Write Home put out a call for miss you cards.  This is the first time I've ever played along with Shopping Our Stash.
I made this sweet little mouse card for the challenge.  Even though he is holding a balloon I always thought this mouse looked sad, like he was missing someone or something, so he was perfect for a miss you card.

I have to say I like the concept of Shopping Our Stash.  We all have enough stash that there is no need to go out and buy stuff to join a challenge (c'mon, admit it's true).  I like that the name makes you think about those random things you have lying around that you haven't used in awhile.

For this card I used one of the many, many, many pre-cut and folded card bases I had lying around.  The designer paper I picked up from a friend who was down-sizing her stash and have had for several months.  I have a million, zillion paper flowers and I really need to use them more.  I also used a previously unused greeting for this card and some really old matte brads. I feel I definitely shopped my stash for this card.

The Fine Print: Stamp by Penny Black "balloon mouse," greeting by A Muse Studio "say it with style," designer paper by Chatterbox, oval dies by Spellbinders, flowers by Prima, matte brads by Limited Edition (is that the right name? they do brass stencils as well, odd combo).  BTW, that lacey oval die is cut on dark blue paper even though it looks rather black in my scan.

7 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Yes he is a s cute little mouse with a balloon, Great colouring and sketch. thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the Miss You challenge.

Hettie said...

Lovely card there PJ. That is a super cute image and I agree that he is looking for something - party maybe?
I am doing alot of Shopping my Stash lately as I am on a stash ban and giving my paypal account a rest!
Hugs
xx

Chris Dring said...

I think he's sad because he can't find the party! LOL! What a sweet card, Princess Judy! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

lauren bergold said...

love, love, love that adorable mouse! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (miss you!) STASH with us this week! :)

Donna said...

Fantastic card! You are right, that little mouse does have a sad little look...thanks for playing along with us for the "Miss You" challenge at Shopping Our Stash this week, hope you'll come back and play again soon!

Words and Pictures said...

He's so sweet and, yes, definitely wistful!
Alison x

Jessi Fogan said...

I'm so glad you came to play with us! This is absolutely ADORABLE! Love that lonely widdle mousie :)