Sunday, January 26, 2014

Rudolph Day - Yes, More Christmas

You know, I don't know how to break it to y'all but I'm starting to suspect all these Christmas challenge are why we are so cold, why we're having polar vortexes, and why snow exists.  Anyway, that's my new non-scientific theory that I have now posted to the web.  That makes it true, because you can believe everything you read on the web.
For the Rudolph Day challenge we are to make two Christmas cards. I wanted to make some extra fancy ones for this challenge.  I broke out my nifty poinsettia stamp set and made some layered poinsettias.  Then...  I had no idea what to do with them.   The blue version came together very well.  I found the scrap of paper which matched so well and this card was born.
The red version gave me far more fits.  The paper is an orangish-red which is kind of awkward to match up to anything.  I really wanted to use it though because it has a neat gold shimmer to it (although you can't tell it from this scan).  I dropped the big scroll when I was gluing it on and it would have been too messy to move so it is placed a bit off too.  I'm just not so sure about this card, but never fear, come next December 23rd I'll be loving it and trying to decide who to send it too.

The Fine Print: Poinsettia stamp by Stampin' Up "Joyful Christmas," greeting by A Muse Artstamps, designer papers from my stash (most likely DCWV), giant scroll die by Quick Kutz.  The blue flower has black bling in the middle and the red one has Tim's soot distress glitter.  While I'm a huge fan of bling, I like the glitter better.

13 comments:

MaryH said...

Judy, as always, I leave here with a smile. Sounds as though your crafting style might match mine. Your boo-boo's came together very nicely though. The blue stripe paper with your red/orange P. look great together, so I would have thought it was design flair! Loved the blue one as well, and I'm still working on my 2 card to submit. Maybe I'll get 'em done in time! You're correct: if we read it on the 'net, gotta be true! Ya know?! TFS & Hugs

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful cards! I love your poinsettia stamp and it looks great in both colours!

Janeen said...

BOTH beautiful. I started using a tweezers, i dropped add ons so many times. --i think you're right with that theory..er, fact, about the snow! and it's DANG cold here tomorrow.

Carol L said...

I've always known what we read on the net is true! That's where I get edumacated on a daily basis :) LOL
These are both great cards, and as sick as I am of so much snow, the first one is my favorite - but mainly because of that gorgeous blue flower! Love 'em both!!

Sarn said...

Hi PJ . . . well if only my mistakes came out that well, I'd be a happy woman! Love BOTH your cards, with perhaps the blue one being my fave.

Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sandy said...

I do love Sarn and I think Rudolph Day is going to be great fun!! Love your cards Sugar!
Sandy xx

Bonnie said...

Whoa! It would be a shame for Rudolph to eat these pretty poinsettias! I'll hold him back.

Kathleen said...

Two fabulous cards love the stamp and I lean towards the blue version.

Kath x

Sally H said...

Two beauties for Rudolf day - love them both, but the first is so my colours! Definitely needed my thermals on on playground duty this afternoon. Enough snow to give me some days off work would be lovely - might slow my daffodils down in the garden too!

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful poinsettia cards...and the flourish looks perfect to me!

Borqna said...

Excellent!
Congratulations!

Words and Pictures said...

No surprises that the blue wins my vote - it's a great poinsettia either way.
Alison x

Anonymous said...

these are both so pretty and so different and you're well on your way to being organized for christmas! i almost always have to cover up a mistake on my cards so they up with surprise elements sometimes.
linda