Thursday, December 26, 2013

I'm a Little Heater, Short and Squat

You know those space heaters that are squat rectangular metal things?  They have heating coils that glow orange/red and  fan to blow the hot air out at you.  They have a safety feature where if you tilt or knock one over they immediately quit blowing and making heat.  That way you don't burn everything down.

Anyway, I think I'm related to those types of heaters because as soon as you lay me down, I quit making heat.  I'll be warm, or warm enough until I go to bed but as soon as I tilt over I immediately become so shivery cold. 

It's hard to fall asleep when you are shivery cold.  I'll put on big thick socks and a knit cap and huddle up and shiver until I can get warm again.  Sometimes I get warm right away and other times it takes a long time.  Except for being related to those space heaters, I have no idea why this happens.

Once I warm up though, I'm good.  And I warm up immediately.  It is like one minute shivering and the next I'm okay.  Then I fall asleep.  Then later I wake up in the middle of the night and wonder why my feet are so hot and what the heck is all cockeyed on my head.

The Fine Print: One last Christmas card to show off. I made this one at a class so I don't know who made the background stamp.  If I had to guess I'd say Hero Arts because many of the other things we used in that class were Hero Arts.  Snowflake die by A Muse Studio.  I hope yours was a good one.

1 comment:

Squirrel x said...

Maybe your thermostat is skewhiff hun, tried hitting it with a hammer? Great card. Hugs xx