Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Hello Friends and Followers--Guess who is bringing you the latest A Muse Studio challenge?  Yeah, it's me.  I know you are excited, wondering what I came up with since there is a change of season and so many holidays coming up.

I decided to ignore all that and focus on someone who gets over-looked this time of the year--people with birthdays! So that's my challenge--to make birthday cards.  How easy peasy is that?!
Whip up a birthday card or two and join in our challenge.   It will run for two weeks.  Don't miss out.

The first card I did is one you could send to your mother or that hoity toity friend you have.  I used A Muse's shimmer paper on it.  I have such a love/hate relationship with shimmer paper that usually I avoid it.  It makes an excellent card base as you can see here and adds to the elegance.
This card had no idea where it was going when I started it.  All I knew is that I really wanted to use papaya and Seattle together.  The bird stamp does have a matching die but I've learned that I can fussy cut with a lot les headache than trying to line up dies.

The Fine Print: All products by A Muse Studio. Stamps used--Celebrate in Style and You're too Kind; cardstock used--shimmer onyx, sugar, Seattle, petite polka dot in papaya and Seattle; other supplies used--clear twinkle stickers, onyx embossing powder, and antique brass brad.

2 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Princess Judy,

I love that bird birthday card! I can't imagine using the die cut either -- your fussy cutting looks perfect!

Hugs,
Kay

Daniella said...

Love those cards!! The black and white is so lovely!! Very elegant!
xxDaniella