Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What's on Your Workdesk?

My workdesk has a cat in motion on mine.  You know Dio always wants to be included because he likes the ladies and the ladies like him.
There are random bits on my desk--stamps, washi tape, paper pads, and miscellaneous stuff.  The pile front and center in the middle is something I took out of a plastic bin so I could put other stuff in there for a class tonight.  That stuff was left over from some other class I did awhile ago and really could be put away and probably will now that it has found the light of day again.  I hate putting stuff away after workshops.
This is one of the cards we will be doing tonight.  It is almost a stamp-and-go card.  I say almost because it has been glittered to heck and back but you can't really tell it that much on this scan.  The edges of the word "wonderful" have been glittered with that Copic Spica pen. It's so awesome! You need one.
Here is the second card we are doing.  This one will probably give the ladies fits because it is colored with Copics and I don't think they have much experience with them (not that I'm any expert).  I put a Tim Holz distress glitter onto the leaves to give it a little more oomph.  I felt it needed it.  Neither of the these cards are original designs.  I perused the A Muse Studio gallery for ideas because I wasn't up to thinking for myself.

The Fine Print: Except the glitter and ink, all products by A Muse Studio. Stamps used--Silent Night, It's a Wonderful Life, and Autumn Days; cardstock used--navy, platinum shimmer (because I'm out of silver), toffee, currant, and sugar; inks used--Memento Paris Dusk and Rich Cocoa; other supplies--Copic markers, Tim's distress glitter, and the cheap glitter from the no-longer-a-dollar bins at Michaels.


18 comments:

House of Bears said...

We like the action cat shot. Next week we might try for an action bear shot!

The bears #62

sandysewin said...

That's a lovely simple card, the blue one. Just stamping and glitter. Might be good to make in quantity. Hmmmm.... :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and for the nice comments.

Happy Woyww,

Sandy #3

Neet said...

Happy hunting Dio!
Now what is this Copic Spica pen - must investigate although I am not a glitter girl at all. Still it needs using at "C" time doesn't it?
Thanks for your visit to me - have a good week.
Hugs, Neet xx

trisha too said...

Oh yes, we ladies, we do love that cat!!

That "Wonderful Life" stamp is AWESOME!

Happy WOYWW to you, Princess,
:)trisha
#79 this week with
a mess, bunting, and
tiny book

Lunch Lady Jan said...

He'll be Stunt Cat No 1 on the next James Bond Movie!! (Just as well I didn't spoonerise that... Cough)

Love your vintage Christmas card, I expected to see Jimmy Stewart ambling through :-)

Hugs, LLJ 35 xx

Daniella said...

Dio is awesome! So is that blue card! WOW!
To answer your question about my desk, no I'm not throwing that stuff on my desk out! It just looks that way!
xxDaniella#4

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah yes, the no-longer-a-dollar bins at Michaels have an equivalent here. crap, huh! lovely cards! really love the wonderful life...glittering it to heck is a fab idea...so is borrowing from the gallery..workshops make me desperate!

My name is Cindy said...

Well he's a handsome fella, why wouldn't us ladies adore him? I often shy away from glittering because I always make such a huge mess, but it really does make a difference. Lovely cards, Happy WOYWW Cindy #49

A Little Time said...

You know, it's not complete until there is a hot pink bra somewhere...

voodoo vixen said...

Love the shot with the cat investigating the desk and the cards look great, wish I could just stamp and go... but it might require colouring in and I don't really do colouring in... LOL Annette #11

Krisha said...

Wonderful cards PJ, even if you borrowed the layouts. I really like the blue and white together, and the sentiment is one of my favs.
Krisha #18

VonnyK said...

You should give pussy cat a stamp pad and paper, he could do some cards for you. Looks like he's getting into it from the photo. Love your wonderful card, glitter and I don't get along. I usually end up with more on me than the card.
Hope you had fun with the card making class.
Have a great week,
Von #40

Carole said...

Such a pretty inquisitive fellow. So you're telling me I need a Copic Spica pen...the list keeps growing. Lovely cards..
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

Sharon Madson said...

I love, love the sentiments on both of your cards! I am surprised Dio, doesn't roll all your markers out! LOL Thanks for the peek! Happy WOYWW!
Sharon #7

Darnell said...

What the ... is it just me or does Dio look like a spider monkey in that last photo! How he do that?! Great cards which I'm sure the class loved, PJ! Happy Belated WOYWW and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! Thanks for coming to visit me! Have a creative week!! Hugs, Darnell #9

sandra de said...

Now that is a very handsome puss. Thanks for visiting and like what you are doing to with the glitter. I am definitely a bling kind a girl.
Sandra @65

Kyla said...

Nice action shot and I can see why the ladies love him....beautiful.
I especially like the sentiment on the leaves card.

Happy belated WOYWW

kyla #61

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. Love both cards - and the stunt cat! Ali x #36