Thursday, March 21, 2013

Orange you glad you stopped by?

I love the concept of fruit stamps.  They are fresh, fun, flirty and great for spring and summer cards.  The reality is I buy a set and then have the hardest time using it.  I love fruit.  I love to eat it.  I love that it exists. I love cards with fruit on them.  Just don't expect me to make 'em.  I don't know why.  So I was intrigued when A Muse Studio came out with a fruit set (and matching dies!) this year. Of course I bought it so it could join my other rarely used fruit stamps.  I am hoping I can come up with some fabulous ideas of what to do with it so I can get over my fruit hump. You can bet that I am keeping my eye on our consultant gallery for ideas.  Meanwhile, here's quick and fruity card.

The Fine Print: Stamps used "Squeeze the Day" set, cardstock used orange and orange petite pinstripes, ink used-Memento black, other supplies-onyx chevron ribbon, and Copic marker. By the way, I really wanted the chevron ribbon to to in a stripe across the panel but that stuff tricks your eyes so it looks like one side is smaller than the other and it is so distracting when it is straight across.  Or anyway, that is what I think.


1 comment:

Words and Pictures said...

Groansome word play... made me laugh though! And a sharp, smart card - it may be the start of a whole fruit salad of card-making...
Alison x