Monday, January 28, 2013

Sweets for the Sweet

Hey! Holy cow!  Two weeks have gone by so it is time for another A Muse Studio Challenge.  The theme is sweet treats, Valentine's style.  Okay, so I caught the Valentine's part of it, but somehow I missed the treat part.  In my house, if you want a treat you'd better be part feline because your options are Pounce in the can, Friskies funky shaped things, or some regular kibble catfood that I just tell you is a treat (and you fall for it).
Or, if you are me, you find twine to be an acceptable treat; in which case I have included a treat in my entry.  Indeed, there is no need to buy me a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day.  I will gladly settle for a box of twine.

For this card I finally got around to using the Sending my Love set that I got awhile ago.  It is totally cute and has fun images in it.  I am really liking how A Muse is embracing the color grapefruit lately, which is the color featured on this card.  I am a big fan of their hot bubblegum pink too, but sometimes you need a subtler pink.  I also like the grapefruit color paired with the different grays that A Muse has.  This one is called Seattle.  The twine through the button is Seattle gray as well.  I know you are saying, but the twine shown has white in it also; that can't be the same twine!  But it is!  I cut a small length off and separated the fibers so I could pull all the white ones out.  It was easy peasy!

The Fine Print: All the everythings by A Muse Studio. Stamp sets used "Sending my Love" and "At First Sight," inks used Memento black and grapfruit, cardstocks used Seattle gray and grapefruit chevron, heart trio dies used, image colored with Copic markers.

4 comments:

Squirrel x said...

A flying visit hun, just to say GORGEOUS, love it! Hugs Sxx

Words and Pictures said...

So cute... and separating out the twine - talk about attention to detail!
Alison x

Craftychris said...

I love this card - its fab! and separating twine, what a cool idea! xx

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Princess Judy,

I love this card! It's so dang sweet. I'm impressed with that twine though. I don't think I've seen anything quite that big before.....

Hugs,
Kay