Tuesday, December 25, 2012

More of the Same

Today is that day that people ask you about.  You know what I'm talking about.  During the past two or three weeks everyone you interact with feels compelled to ask you the same question, "Are you ready for Christmas?"

Let me be the first to respond, "What in the holy hell does that question even mean?"

Perhaps I'm not up on the latest Christmas protocol as I have no idea exactly what it is I am to do to prepare for this day.  Stockpile canned goods?  Prepare a hurricane kit?  Get a tattoo?  Hoard crossword puzzles?  Load my weapons and sharpen knives? WHAT?!

If I was supposed to do any of that, then no, I went into today woefully unprepared.  Well except for the loaded weapons and sharp knives part.  However, it appears that I'm surviving just fine.  See, the Palmer tradition is to treat December 25th just like any other day off.  No fuss, no muss.  There isn't anything to "get ready" for.  Try it sometime and see if it doesn't put the cheer into your holidays.  And if that doesn't work, apply liberal amounts of alcohol.

Anyway, another day off means more cards made with my Club Scrap Equestrian kit.

The Fine Print: Remember it is okay to not like your family and not have a pleasant time interacting with them this holiday season, despite what societial norms tells you.  You know who you are and you know who they are and don't feel bad if it ain't all Norman Rockwell and unicorns with rainbows flying out their butt.  I hope you find some happiness in this day and I hope you find some tomorrow and the day after that and every other day as well.   Yeah, what the heck, Happy Jesus' Birthday to you too!

6 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Well, it appears that you had a great day of crafting, and that is always something to be prepared for! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Sandy said...

You where so prepared you crafted and blogged now that's being prepared.. lol.. Not much happening here today boxing day afternoon now and my children have gone 4 wheel driving and camping leaving it lovely and quiet here.. I am looking at my new Tim Holtz stamps and thinking hmmm...
Have a great day..
Sandy :)

okienurse said...

Heres to a low key holiday season! I decided a couple days ago to put up a tree but nothing else and it might disappear by the weekend. Didn't cook or bake anything but I am thinking about making a pie tomorrow cause it sounds good! Have a quiet week and see you next week! Vickie #4

Di said...

Wonderful post Judy! You made me laugh here for sure and no zombies invaded after I confiscated the scissors and torch :) Belated Christmas Greetings to you and yours, Di xx

Squirrel x said...

Unicorns fart rainbows? I've often wondered about that! Hugs Sxx PS. More lovely work with the ponies.

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Princess Judy,

I've missed reading your posts (my fault I've been pre-occupied - and no, not with Christmas preparedness).

The holidays are interesting, aren't they. Here's to a wonderful 2013!

Hugs,
Kay