Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Whole World

Today, the world. Tomorrow, the universe! Or maybe not.  That sounds like a whole lot of work if you ask me.
I made this card today. It is not an original design. I visited someone's blog who had a link to a tutorial on how to make this card. Unfortunately, I don't remember who or where otherwise I would give credit. I love this globe die and I thought this was brilliant use of it.  I mean, sure, what else are you going to do with a globe die? But the idea of shading it and putting it on a cleverly embossed and sponged background was a great eye opener for me. I'm really using my distress inks more and more now that I've bought myself a blending tool.
Who knew this was such a must-have item?! It is featured on many crafting desks when you visit Workdesk Wesdnesdays. I'm glad I've been shown the light. Now that I have one of these, I see why so many crafters have more than one. I'm not ready to go that crazy yet, but check back with me in a day or two.

The Fine Print: Globe die by Sizzix/Tim Holtz, bookplate embossing plate by Tim Holtz, distress inks by Tim Holtz (are you seeing a pattern here?), brads by Recollections, fancy metallic shimmery paper by Recollections (ah, a new pattern), blue and green papers by DCWV and SEI respectively.

1 comment:

505whimsygirl said...

Oh Princess Judy,

I just love visiting you - you make me laugh out loud. I LOVE your sense of humor!!! I saw something somewhere (sound familiar?) that was a globe and it had a heart on it - very cool. Another idea -- a Christmas card -- Joy to the World! hee hee.

Now, don't laugh. We are having a heat wave here and I'm sitting in Starbucks (another air conditioned place), catching up on blogs and then next up is pinterest!

Hugs,
Kay