Saturday, June 2, 2012

When Pigs Fly and Snakes Slither

Sometime earlier this year when it was still chilly enough to make you not to expect to see a snake, my hubby saw a snake up the sidewalk from us.  He wanted to take a picture of it for the Workdesk Wednesday internet phenomenom, but it escaped by the time he returned with a camera.  I saw it myself a few days later.  Now, he came to our house to visit.
Oh man, maybe I should have shared my stamping stuff first because I'll bet some people have gone running sreaming from their computers in terror now.  Sorry about that.  For those brave souls who aren't afraid of a little king snake and who haven't left the room.  Here's a card I made and the June calendar.  I thought I'd better get that up here before too much more of the month got away.


The Fine Print: Snake by Mother Nature, pig card papers by Graphic 45, die cut by Memory Box, large brad by unknown, June calendar stamps by A Muse Artsamps and A Muse Studio (some of the old, some of the new).

5 comments:

Shoshi said...

Love the snake, Judy! Do you know what sort it is? We only have 2 here in the UK, grass snakes (non-poisonous) and adders (poisonous) and very rarely see either.

Love the flying pig card too! Great fun, and a lovely design. And I love the mowing on the calendar! What a great image. My hubby has just bought a new mower so we've been thinking about that quite a bit recently!

Shoshi

Di said...

Whoooooosh - that was me, I'm absolutely terrified of them!!

I did venture back though for a peek at your fabulous card and the June calendar - love those.

Whoooosh, I'm off again though, sorry :(

Di xx

My name is Cindy said...

WOYWW - A snake. LOL, that would be a first I bet. I assume he is harmless, he certainly looks gorgeous. Once got to hold a snake at a children's event where I work, I was amazed at the lovely texture of their skin. Fun projects by the way and surprise, surprise, I did make it to the PO yesterday so your ATC is on its way. Cindy x

505whimsygirl said...

Why hello there King Snake. Did you know that you were visiting the Princess' house? Aren't kind snakes good for eating mice and bugs? Yep, invite him over for a visit.

Your cards are cute - I especially like the June calendar page!

Hugs,
Kay

peggy aplSEEDS said...

oh my, i would be so alarmed at the sight of a snake in my house. i assume that kind is harmless?