Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dude Two

I needed to make another masculine themed card for a swap, and here he is.


I felt like doing something with a southwestern flair.  I like this stamp, but I find it off-putting that it has such a big empty space in the upper right hand area. This time I figured out that I could use the word dude again.  I was originally going to use the same dude stamp I used yesterday but then I realized the pad of paper I was using had an alphabet sheet and I thought this was more exciting. 

I have no idea who made that star in the left hand corner of the card or where it came from.  I have a little stash of them though.  It comes with small prongs on the end of all 5 points. I figured out how to set them.  Place your paper on a cork pad (or some other piece of foam like material) and gently hammer it.  That makes the prongs go through the paper and into your cork.  Carefully, lift it up, turn it over, set it on something firm and bend the prongs down.  I use the flat end of an eyelet setter for that.  The hammer is too brutal for this part of the operation; you'll just end up hammering your embellishment back out the paper.  Anyway, I am pleased that I figured out how to use these things I've had lying around forever.

The Fine Print: Stamp by DRS, chevron punch by EK Success, designer papers by October Afternoon "Sasparilla," and again, I don't know how makes those cool little metal stars. I wish I did though as I'm sure I need 700 more of them.

3 comments:

SandeeNC said...

awesome card!! You do such fantastic work, just love coming over to visit! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Darnell said...

Cool dude card, Princess! I came by to see if you had your WOYWW up yet, even tho it's not Wed for us. I did my post tonight, thinking I'd get it on the list and could go visiting tonight, but, haha, no Mr. Linky over at Julia's so it was all for naught.

Anyway, good job on figuring out how to use the star thingie. I have some of those, only circles, and it took me FORever to figure it how. They have a special name but I forget what it is. Brain Bender Tacks?!

I'll try to stop by tomorrow, too, if Mr. Linky shows up to work.

Darnell

Sarn said...

FABBY! x