Thursday, April 26, 2012

Being Trendy

Well, blasphemy!  I thought I had photos of a paper bag book to share with you all today, but apparently not.  I hope I didn't do something silly like delete them from existence.  So if you've been waiting to see my paper bag book, I'm afraid you are just going to keep on having to wait for now.  I hope you haven't been holding your breath?!

In the meantime, I'll share with you this simple black and white + and accent color card that I made once upon a time for a swap.  I really like black and white, but I always think it needs a dash of some other color.

Here is another card I made once upon a time ago for a "trendy" swap.  We were to try out something trendy.  Those crinkled up ribbons and rolled paper flowers were big at the time, as were birds and flourishes made of bling.  I want to say that this swap was a year ago, but maybe not that long ago.  It was many, many months ago for sure.  Anyway, I wanted to point out that rolled paper flowers and flourishes of bling are still pretty darn trendy.  Birds are still big too, but the crinkled ribbon, not so much.  Lace seems to have taken the place of crinkled ribbon.  It is interesting to see what comes and goes.  And sorry about the quality of the card scan. I was obviously scanning back then without giving  a thought to a camera.  Poor little squished rolled flower.

The Fine Print: It's not going to be fine if I can't find my paper bag book photos.  I might cry and require cookie therapy for consolation.  Black & white paper by DCWV, stamp by Stampin' Up, button and ribbon by A Muse Studio, bird in cage stamp by Hero Arts (I'm guessing), die cut by Spellbinders, rest by unknown.

1 comment:

Redanne said...

Your black, white and hint of coulour card is gorgeous. On your second card, I have the stamp, you have reminded me I must get it out and use it again! Another lovely card. Regards, Anne x